Updates from the Garden Center
Effective 5/26/20, per City of Minneapolis order, all employees and individuals* entering the indoor shoppe shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face covering. We request that face coverings are worn outside in the garden spaces as well. *(This applies to individuals over age two and those able to medically tolerate a face covering.)
At Tangletown Gardens we are grateful that the Governor deemed garden centers, nurseries, and landscaping essential businesses during the remainder of the Minnesota Stay at Home order. With this designation comes great responsibility, and we are taking it very seriously. We have implemented measurements to protect our staff and community based on the Operational Guidance for Minnesota Garden Centers/Nurseries During
COVID-19 Pandemic created by state and the Department of Agriculture including:
- Creating social distancing measurements for employees and customers.
- Employing preventive cleanliness measures for employees, equipment, displays, checkouts, carts, and vehicles.
- Limiting the number of customers in Garden Center and Shoppe at one time so that social distance of 6-feet between customer groups may be maintained.
- Setting a new Garden Center traffic flow and set-up to prevent congestion, including moving all checkouts to the outdoor gate houses (weather permitting).
- Continuing no-contact curbside pickup and delivery on request.
- Prefer credit/debit card only transactions.
- Adapting our return policy.
- Temporarily pausing the use of personal customer bags.
How can you help?
To protect the health of our team, you and the general public, please follow our suggested guidelines.
- Be patient with us and your fellow customers - this will be new to all of us.
- Respect social distancing guidelines - 6 feet!
- Wear safety masks while shopping.
- Limit your shopping party to a maximum of 2 people.
- Respect the capacity limits and traffic flow pattern we have set for indoors & out.
- Be efficient and focused on your shopping. Unfortunately, at this time, the Garden Center is not a gathering place or to be used for family outings.
- Understand our interactions with you may seem more limited while you are shopping than previous.
- Limit unnecessary handling of plant material and other products.
- Wash or sanitize hands often
- Practice respiratory etiquette
- Stay home when able, especially if you are vulnerable of high risk
- Perform a health assessment before visiting us and please do not visit if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms
Product Inquiry & Ordering Online
We realize that there will be many who still choose to shop from the safety of their home. We do ask that our phone resources are reserved for our team to best serve those people.
- For online shopping head to our Online Shoppe
- Purchases made on our Online Shoppe are available for local delivery or curbside pick-up.
For Curbside Pick-Up: Please park on 54th Street. Call 612-822-4769 when you have arrived and we will roll your purchases to you in a garden cart. For the safety of our team we do ask that you load your vehicle. We will return the empty cart to the Garden Center and sanitize it.
For Delivery: You will receive a message when your order is on the way. Our delivery team will place your items near the front door, in a safe location, and will simply return to the vehicle.
We are also available to research your special requests!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries such as:
- Inventory of a specific plant or product
- Any type of custom order
Step out of the hustle and bustle of the city and step into Tangletown Gardens -- an urban oasis for both gardeners and non-gardeners alike. We are advocates of beauty. We have created an oasis that is tranquil, yet intoxicating -- a place of inspiration every day of the year.
Tools & Remedies
Find the finest tools and garden remedies that really work at Tangletown Gardens. Whether it be ergonomically designed tools, non-kinking garden hoses or the world's best pruning shears, we carry serious tools for your serious garden needs.
We carry the necessary Earth-friendly plant remedies to solve the occasional insect, weed, varmint, or disease problem that may pop up in your garden. We offer beneficial insects, organic solutions, plus expert advice to help you through any garden crisis.
Thanks to our 140 acre Tangletown Gardens Farm in Plato, MN, our plant palette consists of thousands of Tangletown Gardens-grown perennial, annual and vegetable varieties, along with the most diverse group of unusual and hard-to-find woody plants in the upper Midwest. Direct from our farm to your garden, it doesn't get much more local than that. We get energized by the plethora of options the plant kingdom provides for us each season—it’s our livelihood, our passion.
We practice principles of biological agriculture and ecological restoration. Big words, but simply put, our growing approach produces beautiful, strong, healthy plants without all the harmful chemicals and their unintended environmental consequences-- something we can all be proud of.
Garden Art & Pottery
Our garden center is brimming with classic and contemporary garden art, pottery, and one of a kind pieces from near and far inside and out in a array of materials, finishes, and styles to complement any landscape or home.
Home Decor & More!
We search the world over to hand select delightful and inspiring original gift ideas and the latest home decor to delight gardeners and non-gardeners alike.
At Tangletown Gardens, every season brings something new – and more time to dream, experiment and implement new ideas. Come see what we've been up to.
Tangletown Gardens... the absolute garden center experience.